Urban Forestry Links
- A Technical Guide to Urban and Community Forestry
- The topics covered in this guide include: tree values, principles of tree growth, planning, tree selection, site preparation, planting and early care of trees, maintenance of established trees, handling trees affected by development, utility forestry, and the politics of municipal tree care.
- American Forests
- American Forests is the nation's oldest citizen conservation organization. Since 1875, American Forests has worked to ensure a sustainable future for our nation's forests.
- Emerald Ash Borer Information
- Find information about the potential threat of Emerald Ash Borer (EAB).
- Guide to Poisonous Plants
- This guide is provided by the Colorado State University’s College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences. The Poisonous Plant Guide is constructed to enable location of a plant by either knowing the common or botanical name of the plant. Alternatively if the plant is not known, but the disease symptom is, it is possible to search by the presenting clinical sign.
- International Society of Arboriculture
- Keep current on the latest information in the world of Arboriculture. This site also has listings of continuing education units (CEU) opportunities for Certified Arborists, along with upcoming conferences and tradeshows. Visitors can also check certification credentials of local tree services on this site. View the Midwestern Chapter website for more regional opportunities.
- National Arbor Day Foundation
- The National Arbor Day Foundation is involved in much more than just Arbor Day celebrations around the world. Its mission is to help promote tree care and conservation and to educate people on tree issues.
- Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Their mission is to provide leadership in a partnership effort to help people conserve, improve, and sustain our natural resources and environment.
- North Dakota Forest Service
- Find more information about financial and educational assistance available. Keep current on programs and services offered by the ND Forest Service.
- North Dakota State University Extension Service
- View tree publications online.
- North Dakota Tree Handbook - North Dakota State University
- Find more information on hardy trees and shrubs that grow well in North Dakota.
- North Dakota Urban & Community Forestry Association
- This site will keep the reader informed of local workshops, conferences, and training opportunities. Visitors can also check certification credentials of local tree services on this site.
- Society of American Foresters
- Since 1900, the Society of American Foresters (SAF) has provided access to information and networking opportunities to prepare members for the challenges and the changes that face natural resource professionals. SAF members include nearly 18,000 professionals who are dedicated to improving the health and productivity of forests.
- Society of Municipal Arborists
- Their goal is to promote and improve the practice of professional municipal arboriculture. This website outlines their efforts and objectives.
- Tree Link
- This site was created to provide information, research, and networking for people working in urban and community forestry. For the researcher, the arborist, the community group leader, and the volunteer - our purpose is to inform, educate, and inspire.